Hey wes what settings do you use?
These are my config setting for various apps, editors and linters. I'd suggest not copying them directly but referencing what I have and what ones might make sense for you.
These are constantly changing as I work on different types of projects so I don't necessarily always have an answer to "y do u do ____ instead of ____"
- Wes Bos .bttpreset → My Better Touch Tool Settings. This is a collection of shortcuts and automations that I use around window management, video editing, snap areas, and much more. I will do a video on this tool one day - it's amazing.
- settings.json → VS Code Settings
- vs-code-extensions-i-use.md → ya get?
- keybindings.json → Custom Keyboard shortcuts. The emmet Ctrl + E is how I get emmet to work anywhere.
- hot-tip-vscode-settings.json → Workspace settings I use for recording my short form content
Keeping up to date
This is for wes to remember what I did.
I created "hard links", so the content is available inside git.
ln ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Code/User/settings.json settings.json ln ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Code/User/keybindings.json keybindings.json ln ~/Videos/hot-tips/.vscode/settings.json ./hot-tip-vscode-settings.json
Then to get a list of extensions:
- Open up your extensions list.
- type in
- Open VS Code dev toosls
Toggle Developer Tools
- Paste the code from get-extensions.js into the console
- It will be in your clipboard, so just paste into